Cliché ASP © Amis de Saint Mathieu
Located on the Plougonvelin District, it is one of the advanced headlands of the European continent, a landmark on the route of ships since Antiquity and the end of an important ancient road. From that headland, a wide panorama can be discovered : to the south, from the trait of Brest to the Pointe du Raz, and to the west, from the Pierres Noires to Ouessant.
Les articles de cette rubrique
- The village of Saint-Mathieu
Peinture de F. Perhirin (Peintre officiel des Armées) Large walled areas separate the abbey from the village. Of what was a prosperout merchant (...)
- The Chapel "Notre Dame de Grâce"
It stands on the part of the site of the ancient parish church of Saint-Mathieu of which still exist the beautiful Gothic portal and two arcades (...)
- The national monument
It was elevated in memorie to the sailors who died during the 1914-1918 war. A high pylon of kersanton stone carries the bust of a Breton woman, (...)
- Saint Mathieu’s lighthouse
Located in the abbey precinct, the slender white tower is 36 meters high. It was built in 1835 and replaced a fire that the monks had kept (...)
- The abbey Saint Mathieu de Fine-Terre
The pilars of the roofless nave and the high vaults of the chair conjure up the ancient monks : One day they built the antique monastery on the (...)